- On October 31, 2020, British actor Sean Connery died at 90. He has starred in films such as “Thunder Valley,” “Murder on the Orient Express,” “Into the Deadly Island,” “The Trap of the Sky” and “Raiders from Heaven.” Among them, the most well-known to the public is the “007” series, and Sean is also the first actor to play 007 James Bond. In 1962, he participated in “Dr. 007 Connaught” and became popular with his elegant, handsome, and capable image.
- For friends who like watches, Sean Connery also has a special meaning. Because the look he wore in the “007” series of movies has influenced many watch friends. So much so that in the replica watch information circle, even the Rolex Water Ghost Ref. 6538 is called “James Bond.”
- Today we will share what fake watches Sean Connery wore in the 6 “007” series movies starring him.
- In 1962, Sean Connery starred in the first 007 movie, “Dr. No.”
- In the movie, he first wears a watch from Gruen Gao Luyun. Regarding this brand, 99% of the cousins are strangers. Gruen can be traced back to 1874; it is a German brand founded in the United States and then moved to Switzerland. It was a smash hit before the 1950s and even shared a production line with Rolex that year. After that, Gruen has been going downhill, and it is rarely heard. The United States is preparing to re-launch it, and Germany will manufacture it.
- Because this brand is obsolete in modern times, + there are no close-up shots, even if Sean Connery wore it several times in the follow-up 007 movies, it did not attract public attention.
- Afterward, the most important Rolex Water Ghost, Ref.6538, appeared. The apparent difference between it and the modern Water Ghost is that there is no crown shoulder guard, and the crown is designed to be relatively large, which is convenient for winding and adjusting time. “Big Crown.”
- Sean Connery wore this Rolex water ghost Ref.6538 in “Dr. No” in 1962, “From Russia with Love” in 1963, “Goldfinger” in 1964, and “Thunderball” in 1965.
- Among them, in 1964’s “Goldfinger,” the close-up shot of Ref.6538 with Sean Connery’s Nato nylon strap on his hand has become the memory of a generation.
- In addition to Rolex and Gao Luyun, Sean Connery wore a special Breitling in “007 Thunderball”. In the play, the watch has been modified by Dr. Q to have a unique Geiger counting (measurement of nuclear radiation) function. Of course, this feature is just for decoration and could be more usable.
- The most legendary thing is that this prop watch has disappeared for over half a century. It was discovered in a car trunk flea market in the UK in 2013. The buyer paid 25 pounds, or about 216 yuan, to buy it at that time. Because the unique case shape is more prominent, it was sent to the film studio where the 007 movies were shot and Breitling official verification, and it was confirmed that it was the one that year. Finally, it was auctioned at Christie’s in 2013, and the transaction price was about 900,000 RMB. And this is the only Sean Connery 007 watch that has been found and sold.
Case_size: 40 MM
Bracelet_material: Steel (Oyster)
Water_resistance: Water Resistant