The Oyster Perpetual Sea-Dweller is a highly sturdy tool watch that plays a vital role in exploring the deep sea.
The essential watch for exploring the deep sea
Rolex launches the Oyster Perpetual Sea-Dweller in yellow gold and steel (a combination of Oystersteel and 18ct yellow gold). This is the first time the Sea-Dweller series is made of 18ct gold.
“Sea-Dweller” is engraved in yellow font on the black dial, which complements the 18ct gold used in the watch. For its 2017 model, “Sea-Dweller” is engraved on the dial in red font, paying tribute to the first Sea-Dweller watch. The Sea-Dweller has a unidirectional rotating outer ring and a 60-minute scale black Cerachrom ceramic bezel. The case and both sides of the lugs reflect a light and elegant luster, outlining the 43mm Oyster case more prominent and adding to its charm.
It is equipped with caliber 3235, a leading watchmaking technology. Like all Rolex watches, the Sea-Dweller has received the Superlative Chronometer certification, ensuring the watch performs exceptionally well when worn.
Undersea exploration tools
Rolex has been working closely with professional deep-sea diving pioneers. They have been working underwater for a long time and have rich deep-diving experience. The design and development of the Sea-Dweller was completed based on this close cooperation. This extremely sturdy tool watch once accompanied divers in the first batch of underwater habitation experimental projects and played a decisive role in humanity’s journey to challenge the deep sea. With its sturdy Oyster case and Rolex’s innovative patented helium escape valve on the side, the watch’s water resistance increased from 610 meters (2,000 feet) to 1,220 meters in 1978 (4,000 feet).
Oyster case and helium escape valve
The middle case is made from a single piece of solid Oystersteel, which is resistant to corrosion. The winding crown has a triple buckle lock triple waterproof system, which is firmly screwed to the case. The crown guard is integrated into the middle case to protect the winding crown. The mirror surface is made of blue crystal and is not easily scratched.
When a diver decompresses in a hyperbaric chamber, the helium escape valve releases excess pressure accumulated inside the case while ensuring that the watch is effectively waterproof.
The combination of Rolesor gold and Oystersteel
Rolex registered Rolesor (gold steel) as a trademark in 1933, and since then, the gold and steel combination has become one of the iconic features of Rolex watches. It combines two metals: gold, which is noble, precious, lustrous, and stable; steel, which is unbreakable, solid, and trustworthy. These qualities perfectly reflect the elegance and performance of Rolex watches. For the Sea-Dweller yellow gold steel model, the outer ring, crown, and middle link of the strap are 18ct gold, while the case and links on both sides of the belt are made of Oystersteel.
Rolex registered Rolesor (gold steel) as a trademark in 1933, and since then, the gold and steel combination has become one of the iconic features of Rolex watches. It combines two metals: gold, which is noble, precious, lustrous, and stable; steel, which is unbreakable, solid, and trustworthy. These qualities perfectly reflect the elegance and performance of Rolex watches. For the Sea-Dweller yellow gold steel model, the outer ring, crown, and middle link of the strap are 18ct gold, while the case and links on both sides of the belt are made of Oystersteel. Swiss replica watches.
Rolex has repeatedly pioneered the development of ceramic technology. With its cutting-edge technology, it has developed an integrated ceramic outer ring and ceramic word ring. This innovative material is not only corrosion-resistant and scratch-resistant but does not fade even when exposed to ultraviolet rays. After years of research and development, the brand has developed a unique set of professional knowledge and innovative high-tech equipment and production processes to produce ceramic components independently.
The Rolex Sea-Dweller has a one-way rotating outer ring and a 60-minute scale black Cerachrom ceramic word ring, allowing divers to control their diving and decompression time to ensure safety. The molded scales and numbers are coated with gold using PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) coating technology. The toothed outer ring facilitates grip and allows the diver to set dive times comfortably, even when wearing gloves.
Perpetual movement caliber 3235
The Sea-Dweller is equipped with caliber 3235, a new generation of movements developed and manufactured entirely by imitation rolex. The self-winding movement equipped with it has obtained several patents, fully embodying Rolex’s innovative technology and top watchmaking craftsmanship. It has further improved accuracy and reliability, power reserve, shock resistance and antimagnetic, and ease of use. To achieve perfection.
Caliber 3235 is equipped with Rolex’s patented Chronergy escapement system. Made of nickel-phosphorus, this escapement is efficient, reliable, and immune to magnetic field interference. The blue Parachrom hairspring is equipped with a Rolex final coil to ensure that the hairspring remains regular in any position. The movement’s balance spring assembly is fitted with a high-performance Paraflex cushioning device designed and patented by Rolex to improve the movement’s shock resistance.
Caliber 3235 has a perpetual motion automatic winding component wound by an endless oscillating weight.
Superior Chronometer Certification
Like all Rolex watches, the Oyster Perpetual Sea-Dweller carries the Superlative Chronometer certification established by Rolex in 2015.
The green seal, a symbol of superior chronometer precision, is included with every Rolex watch and has a five-year global guarantee.
Oyster strap and Oyster safety clasp
This Sea-Dweller is paired with the Oyster bracelet introduced in the late 1930s. The Oyster strap is a three-link metal strap that is strong and reliable.
The Oyster strap with the watch is fitted with a folding Oyster safety buckle designed and patented by Rolex to prevent the buckle from accidentally opening. The strap also features the Rolex Glidelock extension system designed and patented by Rolex. This innovative rack system, hidden under the buckle cover, requires no tools and gradually extends at intervals of approximately 2 mm per grid up to a maximum length of about 20 mm.
Concealed ear caps ensure a seamless visual connection between the strap and case.
Case model: 126603
- Strap model: 97223
- Series: Oyster Perpetual Professional
- Superlative Chronometer certification
- Global five-year warranty
- Case: Oyster case (one-piece middle case, screw-in bottom cover and winding crown)
- Safety performance: The crown shoulder guard is integrated with the middle case. Helium escape valve
- Diameter: 43mm
- Material: Oystersteel and 18ct gold (“gold steel”)
- Middle case: Oyster steel, frosted surface, polished edges
- Bezel: 18ct yellow gold, unidirectional rotating bezel. 60-minute scale black ceramic Cerachrom word ring, molded numbers and scales coated with gold using PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition, physical vapor deposition method) coating technology; 18ct gold hour markers, easy to read Chromalight (long-lasting blue light)
- Bottom cover: solid, screw-in, fine grooves
- Winding crown: screw-in, triple lock, triple waterproof system
- Mirror: Anti-scratch blue crystal, double anti-reflective small window convex lens to magnify calendar
- Waterproof: 1,220 meters (4,000 feet)
- Movement: Rolex caliber 3235. Perpetual rotor is a mechanical movement with two-way automatic winding.
- Accuracy: within plus or minus two seconds per day (after the movement is installed in the case)
- Functions: Central hours, minutes, seconds hands, reliable quick-setting instantaneous date at 3 o’clock. Stop-seconds function to adjust time accurately.
- Escapement: High-performance Chronergy escapement, paramagnetic nickel-phosphorus alloy pallet fork, and escapement wheel
- Gemstones: 31 rubies
- Power reserve: approx. 70 hours
- Dial: Black, glossy, finely brushed, 18ct gold hour markers, easy-to-read Chromalight (long-lasting blue light), 18ct gold hands, easy-to-read Chromalight (stable blue light)
- Strap: Oyster, three solid links, middle link, 18ct yellow gold, polished; outer links, Oystersteel, frosted surface, polished edges (“gold steel”), folding Oyster safety clasp, Rolex Glidelock extension system (each step extends approximately 2 mm, up to about 20 mm)
Band Length: 19cm
Case Color: Silver-tone
Case Thickness: 16mm